I offer both short and long term individual therapy, couples counselling and sex therapy.
I believe that counselling and psychotherapy should facilitate authentic change and enable clients to successfully manage more complex thoughts and feelings. Ultimately this can impact behaviour and create a more robust, happier and fulfilled life.
I work in an integrative way and combine different approaches and techniques to create a unique therapy to meet the needs of each client or couple. In 2005 I started working as a counsellor with couples and then in 2015, I completed 5 years of training at the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE) in London. I found myself particularly drawn to more Jungian approaches, especially with dreams and creative imagination. This eventually led to me spending the final two years completing a Master’s degree in emotional expression. I have an avid interest in dreams, creative imagination, nature and health.
Developing emotional freedom and greater clarity of mind has played a big part in my life. I would hope that I could reach out and walk alongside you on your journey and help you find your way too.
I have worked for several counselling organisations and charities, including:
- The Awareness Centre, working with South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust to offer patients 6- 12 weeks of solution-focused counselling within GP surgeries in Lambeth.
- The Bariatric Consultancy, working with clinically obese Tier 3 patients for 12 weeks.
- Kingston Women’s Centre, working long term up to 3 years with women.
- Relate Mid Surrey, working on a short-term basis with individuals, couples and sex therapy.
- Wellington College, working on a short-term basis with 13-18 year olds and College staff
I have also delivered short courses on anger, and I have presented on issues around loneliness and developing healthy relationships at Epsom Mental Health Week.
My previous career was in the nursing profession (RGN) where my last post was a Sister in the Emergency Department. My interest in health also led to qualifying in reflexology and life coaching.
My Professional Qualifications and Registration
I maintain my expertise and knowledge of the field through regular attendance at supervision, courses, seminars and conferences.
- Relate professional certificate in Psychosexual Therapy. 2016-2018 (in progress)
- CCPE MA in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy (Distinction). Northampton University 2010-2015
- CCPE Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy. Northampton University 2013-2015
- Relate Counselling Children and Young People. Centre for Child Mental Health. 2009
- Relate Graduate Certificate in Couples Counselling. East London University. 2005-2007
- Registered General Nurse. Newham School of Nursing 1984-1988
- Hoffman Graduate
Counselling and psychotherapy work is confidential (except in exceptional circumstances in which anyone is at serious risk of harm to themselves or others) and I adhere to the codes of ethics of practice of the BACP and UKCP.
I maintain up-to-date professional indemnity insurance with a reputable insurer.
Membership of Accrediting Organisations
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. UKCP
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. BACP
- College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists. COSRT